The Plastics Pipe Institute (PPI) has revealed the five projects and five members honoured during its annual awards program hosted during its Annual General Meeting (AGM) in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho this May.
The awards – reviewed, evaluated and voted on by PPI members – recognise projects and members that have made exceptional contributions to the plastic pipe industry.
“This year, we received excellent participation from our members and saw an increase in the number of nominations for this program,” said PPI President Tony Radoszewski, CAE.
“We continue to see more and more different uses of plastic pipe.
“This was evident in our Projects of the Year that included two installations that used plastic pipe in rather unique ways, and also with other winning projects that used miles of the pipe to speed installation and for cost efficiencies.
“So far this year we have added 16 new members and established more task groups within each of our five divisions to support the increasing use of plastic pipe across many industries.
“This continued growth is an indicator of the success of PPI projects and programs that provide technical and engineering assistance in the development and design of plastic pipe systems.”
This year’s project winners were:
- Building and Construction Division Project of the Year – Uponor for the installation of PEX tubing at Wilshire Grand Center in Los Angeles
- Corrugated Plastic Pipe Division Project of the Year – Advanced Drainage Systems for the installation of a high-density polyethylene (HDPE) storm water drainage system in South Carolina
- Energy Piping Systems Division Project of the Year – ISCO Industries and Performance Pipe, for the replacement of a carbon steel pipe with HDPE for chilled waterlines and polyethylene of raised temperature resistance, or PE-RT, pipe for hot water lines in Texas
- Municipal and Industrial Division Project of the Year – Core & Main and WL Plastics, for the installation of a HDPE water pipeline to a rural Amish community in Pennsylvania
- Power and Communications Division Project of the Year – Blue Diamond Industries, for the installation of HDPE conduit in Illinois.
This year’s member winners were:
- Building and Construction Division Member of the Year – REHAU’s David Nickelson
- Corrugated Plastic Pipe Association Division Member of the Year – Bluewater Pipe’s Tony Kime
- Energy Piping Systems Division Member of the Year – WL Plastics’ Dustin Langston
- Municipal and Industrial Division Member of the Year – GF Central Plastic’s Jeff Wright
- Power and Communications Division Member of the Year – Dura-Line’s Thomas Stewart
Lifetime Achievement Awards were also presented to Harvey Svetlik and Gerry Groen, recognising their service to PPI and the industry.
For more information visit the PPI website.
If you have news you would like featured in Trenchless International contact Journalist Chloe Jenkins at email@example.com